Sunday, May 1, 2011

OFS1 Abu Dhabi

with bunches of great guys from all over the world

on my way to play futsal 
Just got back from Middle East and Asia Learning Centre (MLC), Abu Dhabi for my OFS1 which started on 24th April 2011, still bit tired but I'm so happy finally I landed at my beloved home country safe and sound. It's such a great experience spending time with bunches of new hire from all around the world, definitely would be one of the most memorable experience in my life.

So, what the heck is OFS1? Basically, as far as I'm concerned, OFS1 is an introductory course for new employees of blue company, where these employees will be provided with lots of information about the company especially about the preschool, school, standards, regulations, policies, history, nature of business, benefits and packages and many more. Honestly, for me, a week is not enough to know and learn about this great company with roughly 110 000 employees from 140 nationalities working at more than 80 different countries around the world. Indeed, this company is the world's largest oilfield services company, it really makes me proud to say this as I'm part of it for the time being before I'll be kicked out from the company in case I fail the school program.tehee. Hopefully, I can survive and successfully make it through. Every time meeting seniors, all of them will say enjoy your honeymoon before the hard parts come soon. One of them said you better run away while you still have the time to cz the school will be tough and difficult, fortunately she did mention that my segment will be bit easier compared to the other segments. That is what I really want to hear,..c",)

the accommodation provided at the training centre
Enough about the program, let's talk about the training centre and Abu Dhabi. I flew with 4 other Malaysians in a direct flight from KLIA to Abu Dhabi and the journey took about 7 hours and 35 minutes. We arrived at the Abu Dhabi International Airport (ADIA) at about 11:45 pm. We actually were told that someone would hold a placard to greet and help us getting transportation. However, we couldn't find anyone holding any related placard at the arrivals. After about 10 minutes, finally he came. Better late than never. We were really tired and just really wanna go to bed since the program actually started at 8:15 am in the morning, so basically we only have few hours to check in for the accommodation, unpacking our stuffs and sleep before getting ready for the classes.

comfy bed to sleep
After checking in, I was given the access card and I headed to my room. To my surprise, we're given single room and the room is awesome, it's like 5 stars hotel. It has everything I wanted and it's so comfortable. The next day, I got chance to explore the training centre. Honestly, overall, I found the training centre is awesome, well-equipped with everything that I need; gym, sport hall to play badminton, futsal, nice canteen with heavenly choices of food and drinks, pool tables, grocery store selling necessities, media and entertainment rooms. It's perfect and I never ever gotten bored while staying there with so many things to enjoy.

the dining hall/canteen; must come 3 times a day
playing wii sport tennis, used to play dis game lots wt my beloved gf
view from my room, in the middle of a desert
in a shuttle bus going to Marina Mall
At the training centre, shuttle buses to Abu Dhabi and Dubai are provided for the convenient of trainees transportation. However, the shuttle bus is not available everyday, only for few chosen days at certain time. If interested to take the shuttle, booking should be made at the accommodation receptionist prior to the trip. Taxis are also available to go to Abu Dhabi everyday but going to Dubai by using taxi is strictly prohibited for trainees. I took the shuttle bus to Abu Dhabi twice for souvenirs shopping, the first one, I went Mazyad Mall and the second trip, I went to Marina Mall. Mayzad Mall is bit smaller compared to Marina Mall and just about 30 minutes drive from MLC. On the other hand, it took me about an hour to Marina Mall. I got nothing else to buy other than souvenirs and furthermore, I found generally most of things in Abu Dhabi are bit expensive compared to Malaysia especially electronic stuffs. Just for a sake of comparison, Iphone4 in Abu Dhabi costs for about 3500 dirham (roughly equivalent RM 3100), but at Malaysia, Iphone4 is only RM 2500. The cheapest key chain and fridge magnet that I managed to find cost about RM5, sold at Carrefour. Other than that, I mean if you go outside the hypermarket, normally key chain will cost around RM 20-RM 35. That's so expensive. I know people here are damn rich, but selling a key chain and fridge magnet for that price is a rip off.c",).

posing for a snap at Marina Mall
ice skating rink, smaller than one in Sunway Pyramid
look at what i found, RR Phantom
watching CL semi final:Real vs Barca on a huge screen wt fantastic sound system in media room
Prayer room aka musalla
outside view of the sport hall
behold the sport hall, great facility for futsal

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog..! I really loved reading through this article. Thanks for sharing such a amazing post with us and keep blogging..
    BGAS training in UAE
    Training institutes in abu dhabi

    ReplyDelete