Saturday, May 14, 2011

Pudu Raya and Blk Kampung

Last week, together with my sister I went back to my beloved village, Kg Parit Mat Ali, Kuala Kurau cz one of my best friend was getting married. I missed his 1st wedding reception ceremony at the bride's home. I didn't wanna miss his side wedding ceremony cz it's a once in a lifetime opportunity for me unless he has plan get married again.:). So, I decided to go back home for the weekend. I knew it's gonna be hectic cz of the short time and got so many things to do, but I thrived for it. I thought it would be awesome to attend a best friend's wedding where some of my secondary school friends would be there, it's like a small gathering after quite some time we all separated into our own paths.

Normally, I take the train to go to Parit Buntar. Unfortunately, the ticket for second class with bed was sold out, none was available for me. Actually, it's totally my mistake. I supposed I should buy the ticket bit earlier instead of getting it 2/3 days before the departure date or I can just simply book the ticket a week or two earlier, and when I have time, I can just go and pick it up at KL sentral or any other KTM komuter station. I thought there would be not much people travelling with train since it's not a holiday season and no public holiday around, but I was wrong. I ended up not getting the ticket I promised to get for my sister.

Plan changed, I guess it would be better to take bus rather than train with sitting seat since bed was sold out already. Price wise, bus is cheaper few ringgit and the trip takes less time to arrive at my destination. In addition, I have difficulty to sleep in train since the lights are always on all the time and there are always people's movement ongoing with addition of the sounds made by the train coaches. In my experience, I admitted that I managed to fall asleep but it didn't last long, after 2/3 hours I woke up automatically myb because of the bright and bit noisy condition/environment.

From my rental house, I took Putra LRT to Masjid Jamek and then from there, I rode Star LRT to Plaza Rakyat. From the station, I walked to the Puduraya and it took  me less than 5 minutes to the terminal. Surprisingly, the bus terminal has changed a lot since the last time that I came here. If I'm not mistaken, the authority shut down the terminal for about a year to renovate and reconstruct to a new face to accomodate the users with better services and facilities. Now, it opens back myb since last April but only for certain sections. Some of the sections still close for access, for example, the food court myb will be opened later in near future myb within next few weeks.

Anyway, in my modest opinion, I think the new Puduraya is definitely better than before. In term of the condition of the terminal, it's cleaner and more comfortable especially for the waiting area. The authority has equipped most of the public access areas with air conditioners and schedule monitors also are provided at certain locations for the convenient of users to check the status of the buses. However, complaints are still heard from some of the unsatisfied users regarding limited facilities for the disabled. It's still new and fresh, the authority will need time to straighten the things out. Hopefully, things will get better as time flies. I honestly applauded the government to upgrade the 35-year-old terminal for the sake of the people.c",)
monitor to check the buses status


area to enter the boarding section

entrance to the boarding section

escalators are available for use but not the elevators

info counter at the center of the terminal 

ample signboards to guide the users in the terminal

waiting area; clean and comfy

ticket counter area at the upper level of the terminal

No comments:

Post a Comment