Thursday, April 7, 2011

Fav Android Apps


I am a fan of Android platform. Most people might choose iOS based gadget like ipad and iphone, but I beg to differ. I have been using Android phone for more than a year, and I'm pretty satisfied with it. I bought my beloved Nexus 1 since it was first time available at Canada. It was pre installed with Eclair. Then, Froyo was out and I updated my phone automatically with the Android 2.2. Recently, Android 2.3.3 also known as Gingerbread is available. I cant wait for the automatic update, I did it manually, pretty simple and I'm happy with the lastest version of Android in my phone although the near field com (NFC) might not be used for the next few years.haha

Anyway, below are my fav Android apps. Most of them, I have been using since the first time I got my phone. I am totally dependent on these apps. I can say that I'm lost without them, my life would be different when I couldn't these apps in my daily activities.

1. Handcent SMS
A messaging app which allows u to customize the look with themes, backgrounds n many more, more than what u can do with the stock/built in messaging app. This app gives you freedom in decorating ur type/style of sms and it actually unleash the experience/power of messaging with Android. The best thing that I like about this app, it has SMS pop up feature which SMS will be shown automatically when u receive it without having to open the app or even the inbox.
emoticons are available but need to be downloaded separately
2. Angry Birds
I'm so addicted to this game. It's a funny game with bunches cute little animals. It's not a complicated game, easy to play, even my little brother knows how to play it. Basically, u just need to kill and destroy all the pigs that hiding in their fortresses after stealing the birds' eggs. It might be easy, but strategies are needed to finish it. Because this game is so popular, the developer created another version of Angry Birds which are also available in Android Market for free. Also check out Angry Birds Rio and Angry Birds Seasons.

3. Advanced Task Killer
Also known as ATK. It basically a tool to kill running applications. This is an important app bcz some apps will automatically start once u turn on ur phone. If u do not kill the apps, data will be transferred without u even aware of it.

4. Droid Wallet
A great app if u want to keep track ur daily expenses and budget. It's really useful for me since I have been trying to record my daily expenses in the last few years. With this app, it makes my job easier since it's everywhere wit me. I can easily update my expenses after making any of them. Very convenient!
5. Mail [Yahoo]
I use my yahoo mail since I was in secondary school and it's the email that I register for my facebook account. So, i frequently check my yahoo mail inbox and with this app, it's available at my fingertips. Fast and easy, great app!

6. Facebook
I used to have itouch. Although I said that I'm a android fan, somehow I prefer to browse facebook using my itouch facebook app than this android version. Recently, I sold my itouch for some reasons, so this is the only facebook app that i have access to especially for uploading mobile pics. Lucky me, I'm not a hardcore user of facebook.


7. ColorNote
App that I use to write down important things such as to do lists n few info that i thought i might need later in the future. If u'r familiar with outlook, u might find this app pretty much similar to notes feature in outlook. The only thing that differentiate them is this app is in ur Android phone.

8. Engadget
I am tech savvy guy (perasan..haha), that's why I am a reader of Engadget. I usually get update about the current info tech from this website. It's a great app, providing similar reading experience although with smaller screen.


9. SportsTap
I'm not just a tech savvy guy, I'm also a sport man(perasan lg..:). This is the app that I use to get latest updates of any sports related things such football results, news and few more.
As u can see from the print screen of the app, u not only can get updates about football, u also can get updates about golf, nfl, mls n few more. But for me, I mainly use it for football purposes.

10. World News
This app I just downloaded recently after reading about it in the web. It's an awesome app. This app gives me opportunity to read magazines and newspapers from around the world on my phone in a mobile version. U even can  read harakah from this app, isn't cool?

No comments:

Post a Comment