Wednesday, April 20, 2011

First Time: Dorayaki

Have you ever heard about Japanese famous traditional pancake, well-known as dorayaki? If you are fan of doraemon anime, you definitely have seen and heard about this type of cake. I have been longing to try this cake for quite awhile myb since I was a child, at the time when doraemon was very popular. I actually was one of those kids who will sit in front of tv when the clock almost showing 7:00pm to watch my fav anime. Unfortunately, I didn't know where to get it. I thought I can just get it in Japan since that's where doraemon come from. At the end, I started to realize that I was wrong. Apparently, dorayaki is also available in Malaysia at hypermarket like Cold Storage, Tesco and Carefour.
dorayaki that i bought with peanut butter paste.
 Last week, for the first time in my life, I bought a dorayaki at Cold Storage KLCC. I thought it would cost me just for few cents, but then I have to pay RM 2:00 for a dorayaki. It's ok I guess, otherwise I'll never ever taste it. Normally, Japanese will fill the dorayaki with red beans. However, at the hypermarket, there are few type of dorayaki paste available to chose. Since I dont really like red beans, I bought the one filled with peanut butter paste. Honestly, the taste is ok, I'm not quite sure is it the original taste or just the taste of dorayaki at the hypermaket. After eating it for the first time, I'm not even tempted to taste it again. c",)
two pancake patties wrapped around the paste to make dorayaki

No comments:

Post a Comment